A fantastic lady named Kim over at Out My Window nominated my little blog for an award. They are now posted over there ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
in my side bar.
Kim - I appreciate the nomination and would like to return the sentiments! Our individual journies may have different paths and obstacles. We march together, supporting and encouraging each other to the goal at hand, navigating the pot holes, speed bumps, hills and valleys with grace and poise, tenacity and determination. You will get there! I'm enjoying watching you figure it all out.
Also - has anyone seen Canadian Saver lately? Since she took her blog private, I'm not sure what happened, and miss reading about it. Anyone with a bead what happened and how to find her, I'd appreciate the heads up...I feel like I missed something and haven't made a connection yet...
As always there something fun to do that comes with these awards. I've pondered and pondered and have come up with 10 blogs I love:
1. Jolie at Shaking the Money Tree was one of the first blogs I ever read way back when. We have a thing for Blue Butterflies and she's been a trouper with her debt march and tips along the way. A good read!
2. Eboo at My Life Journey is a fantastic person, fellow Gail-Clubber and a genuinely kind person. She's out of London and working to navigate life with a hubby, a couple of kids, some grand cubs and just now losing a job.
3. SS4BC over at SS4BC has been someone I've been reading for a while. I admire her strength in going after what works for her in life.
4. Louise at My Journey to Eliminate Debt has been a hoot and is someone I've also been reading for a while. She's revamped things at her new site, is Going Gazelle and will be keeping me on my toes with her progress.
5. Bryallen at The Frugal Graduate has been keeping me on my toes with insightful comments for a while now. She's also been blogging up a storm in merry ole England and has some great new fun things to do with your garden and those weeds. Memorable post - Making something from Nettles! (brave woman!)
6. Carrie at Poor to Rich a Day at a Time is an avid blogger. She just got voted Top Finance blog, and has some great twists on money and life. Incidentally, this lady is a Super-trooper and is fighting her own cancer battle.
Special Mentions, as they already had a nomination:
Carla at My Half Dozen Daily
Tanner at Working for a Goal
And two blogs that I think you'll gain serious, solid, tested information from:
Garth Turner at A Greater Fool - sound financial advise from a man that has been through it all.
Ramit Sethi at I will Teach You to be Rich - straight forward, to the point, tested, tried and true techniques to put into your own life. A wealth of information and insight.
These two gentlemen do not pull punches. They give it to you straight and don't coddle you through life. If you want sound workable advice, these two blogs are great places to go.
7 things about me:
1. I just learned my body doesn't handle grains or sugars properly - so I'm working to kick my habit.
2. I am a keen observer and have been told many times I'm in the wrong profession.
3. I tend to over schedule myself and then have a major crash and burn drop because of it.
4. I have to sleep at least 8 hours a night in order to function properly during the day, control my moods, my eating, and my thoughts. Anything less than 8 and I do not function well. (and no I don't resort to liquid boosters on these days...though a nap has been known to happen.)
5. I start every morning with a smile, and a glass of water. No coffee, caffeine, sugary beverages, juices or teas for this lady. Therefore, I'm "on" the second I wake up and don't need anything to "get me going".
6. The only things removed from my body, have been my wisdom teeth. I have had stitches, fractured a few bones but not broken anything or had any surgeries other than on my teeth, to date.
7. I have one cavity (very tiny, no freezing, filled, and drilled in less than 2 minutes, and got it when I was 32), and yet have a crown on a tooth that never had a cavity in it, but was cracked all the way threw. Apparently something called cracked tooth syndrome or something like that (last May was the procedure).
Rules if you want to play.
1. post awards on blog
2. thank person that nominated you, that would be me, but your blog is thanks enough!
3. List 10 blogs you love
4. list 7 things about you
5. List these rules
6. tell people you nominated by posting on their blog